I’m just blown away with happiness and gratitude for Linda Willow and her blog Heartwinds for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. If you visit Linda’s blog, and I encourage you to, you’ll understand. Her blog takes you through a beautiful world filled with inspiration and eloquence. She’s quite a remarkable and accomplished person. Thank you again, Linda. I’m honored someone of your caliber found my blog worthy.
Sometimes synchronicities can be enlightening and receiving this award brought one into my life. I mentioned to a friend because I was pretty excited. Her response was, “No offense, but it can’t be much of an award if it requires you to widen the circle. Sounds like some pyramid scheme for bloggers or something, not that I know anything about it.” At first I was deflated but this caused me to go off quietly and think about this award, as well as the other two I’ve been nominated for. Instead of lessening my happiness, it only deepened it. I later explained to her:
“It’s an award that’s given by your peers in recognition of what they feel is a worthy blog. No. It’s not an official sponsored literary award, but it is peer recognition. We’re a community of weblog writers and readers and this is a way we support each other. As far as “pyramid scheme”… to what gain? It helps drive readership to quality blogs. I don’t think that’s anything shady or underhanded. Regardless, I’m still happy to receive these from my peers considering I’ve only been blogging for a little over a month. I’ve been working pretty hard on it and it gives me the incentive to keep forging ahead and hopefully keep improving.”
I guess in summation, this makes me feel welcome and warm and among good folks. I’m very proud to display my “awards that aren’t a big deal.” They certainly are to me.
Now, in keeping with the rules of this very appreciated award, I must share 10 things about myself. I’ll try not to exactly repeat the 7 I listed for the Versatile Blogger Award, but if I do forgive me. I’m writing this at 3 am. (Who says I’m obsessive??)
- Yes, I am obsessive. When something trips my wire I dive in head first and don’t stop until I’m worn out. This may not always show externally, but internally my gears are always going.
- I lived in Egypt for a year and sat on one of the stones of the great pyramid in Giza. I saw Tutankhanum’s golden death mask at the Cairo museum and the Roman ruins in Alexandria.
- When I was young I pursued show jumping and dressage lessons and was determined to become an equestrienne, but an injury forced me to quit and then life currents swept me elsewhere.
- I’ve published one short story in a book, Rural Voices, which is now out of print. It was about the life of my grandfather on the Nebraska Prairie.
- I love animals. My life is void of color without their presence. To me the song of a bird is more beautiful than any music ever composed.
- I have a fascination with the moon. I’m a Cancer, but even as a child before I knew what that meant, the moon was my special night time friend. I sat at my window many nights and talked or sang to it.
- I’m fascinated by the mind in all its aspects.
- I used to make my own soaps and lotions.
- The only Hindi I know is related to cooking even though I live in India!
- I have a secret obsession for Indian cloth and sarees. I find them unspeakably beautiful and fascinating.
I am passing this award on to 10 more bloggers. If you’ve already received one, just know that I feel you deserve another one! They are:
- Allaboutlemon by adollyciousirony
- Being Arindam by Arindam
- A Mantra a Day by belleofthecarnival
- Source of Inspiration by patcegan
- A Heart’s Whisper by jackielrobinson
- Dear Kitty. Some blog by petrel41
- Photos from the loony bin by photosfromtheloonybin
- Robert coffey’s Photo Project 365 by urbanbuda
- Straight from the Horse’s Heart by rtfitchauthor
- Deidra Alexander’s Blog by deidraalexander
Enjoy your award. You all deserve it!